Dada von Bzdülöw Theatre
photo Dominik Werner
Dada von Bzdülöw Theatre – founded by Leszek Bzdyl, a director and choreographer, and by Katarzyna Chmielewska, a dancer and choreographer – has been on stage since 1992. An independent group of professional dancers and actor, it has staged 50 works both in Poland and abroad, and in cooperation with Polish and foreign cultural institutions. Since 2008, it has been affiliated with the Wybrzeże Theatre in Gdańsk, regularly staging all of its premiere and repertory performances there.
- Jakub Truszkowski Choreography
- Katarzyna Chmielewska Choreographic cooperation
- Leszek Bzdyl Concept
- Łoskot - Mikołaj Trzaska, Piotr Pawlak, Olo Walicki, Macio Moretti Mikołaj Trzaska, Piotr Pawlak, Olo Walicki, Macio Moretti Music
- Katarzyna Piątek Costumes
- Michał Kołodziej Lighting design
- Jakub Truszkowski Dancer
- Katarzyna Chmielewska Dancer
- Anna Steller Dancer
- Katarzyna Ustowska Dancer
- Leszek Bzdyl Dancer
- Piotr Stanek Dancer
In ‘Today, Everything’, we drew our inspiration from the Book of Kohelet, a part of the Bible’s Old Testament. This ancient text describes the author’s process of finding meaning of one’s own existence. By describing his research and the conclusions he manages to arrive at, the author gives a testimony of his perception of the world as an ever-changing one, where no solution can be final – and yet, he seems to hold an opinion that the very act of searching can be the final answer in itself.
|Premiere 2017-09-21, Gdańsk|
* cast plus technical support
- Produced by: Dada von Bzdülöw Theatre and the Wybrzeże Theatre in Gdańsk; supported by the Gdańsk City Council; performance created as part of the IMiT (Polish Institute of Music and Dance) programme Choreographic Call 2017
The National Institute of Music and Dance and the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
are not responsible for its contents.