photo Marcin Idźkowski
Sztuka Nowa is an artistic collective active since 2007, creating interdisciplinary work in the field of performative arts. Artists associated with the collective conduct research on theatre and movement techniques. They also organise international dance laboratories and artistic residences in Poland and Europe.
- Wojciech Grudziński Performer
- Borys Jaźnicki Performer
- Maciej Tomaszewski Performer
- Piotr Polak Performer
- Dawid Żakowski Director
- Zofia Urszula Komasa Dramaturge
- Luke Jascz Visual artist
- KristofLAB Visual artist
- Balazs Varnai Composer
- Teoniki Rożynek Composer
- Mary Komasa Composer
- Kasai i Iliaster Composer
- Ewelina Sobieraj Choreographer
- Kat Rampackova Choreographer
- Martin Talaga Choreographer
Dancers, choreographers, composers and video artists create a multi-dimensional portrait of the greatest dancer of all time. ‘Tonight, I'll dance WAR. WAR you are responsible for’ was the dancer‘s statement during his last dance on 19th January 1919 at the Swiss resort of St Moritz. It was a cry of protest against the collapsing European order – and also a symbolic end to his career. LAST invites us into a space of Negation, Immortality, War and Duality, encoded in Nijinsky’s ‘Diary’.
|Premiere 2020-06-16, Warsaw|
* cast plus technical support
- Project co-financed by the Warsaw City Council and the Visegrad Fund.
The National Institute of Music and Dance and the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
are not responsible for its contents.