photo Jakub Szafrański
ON/OFF Association encourages and fosters contemporary artists to explore and experiment with the outermost limits of their practice by creating an environment for cultural exchange, community interaction, the mobility of artists and cultural professionals, collaboration and experimentation. The association is active in cultural sector by organising research projects, implementing inclusive educational art projects, producing performances and publishing books.
ROBOT ’N’ PERSON
- Agata Dyczko Director
- Tomasz Gromadka Dramaturge/performer
- Julita Goździk Set & costume designer
- Wojciech Kurek Composer
- Aleksandra Bednarz Performer/actor
- Daniela Komędera- Miśkiewicz Performer/dancer
- Paweł Peterman Performer/actor
- Izabela Baran Performer/actor
- Piotr Cieślik Projection designer/camera operator
- Kostek Sampaliotis Performer/actor
ROBOT ’N’ PERSON is a love story between a robot and a human, set in the automated and comfortable future of year of 2121. PERSON is inactive and slothful, with algorithms having taking over all the vital functions. But they are suddenly surprised by ROBOT’s revolt and its expression of emotions. This artificial emotionality is unexpectedly more real and extremely subversive towards the market of the future, trading not only data, but also thoughts, feelings and human neurons.
|Duration60 "||Crew *9||Artists5|
|Premiere 2018-05-12, Warsaw|
* cast plus technical support
- The performance is a part of the project ‘Stół Powszechny – A Place for Creative Meetings’ co-financed by by the Capital City of Warsaw.
- Co-financed by a scholarship for Aleksandra Bednarz, funded by the City of Toruń.
- Co-financed by the Silesian Voivodeship.
The National Institute of Music and Dance and the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
are not responsible for its contents.