CRICOTEKA, Centre for Documentation of the Art of Tadeusz Kantor
photo Grzegorz Mart
photo Grzegorz Mart
Cricoteka, Centre for Documentation of the Art of Tadeusz Kantor was founded in 1980 as a living archive of the Cricot 2 Theatre. The concept behind the programme of the Centre was inspired by Kantor’s work - the collection of archival materials and theatrical objects viewed from the perspective of the discourse on contemporary art and new methodology. The aim of Cricoteka is not only to present Kantor’s work but also to show the activities of contemporary artists who engage in a dialogue with him.
- Sławomir Krawczyński director, music
- Anna Godowska choreographer
- Natalia Dinges dancer
- Daniela Komędera-Miśkiewicz dancer
- Magdalena Skowron dancer
- Bartosz Ostrowski dancer
- Paweł Łyskawa dancer
- Piotr Skalski dancer
- Ewa Garniec lighting director
- Joanna Jaśko-Sroka costumes
„Kantor. Burza” by Anna Godowska and Sławomir Krawczyński was created in 2020. The production refers to Tadeusz Kantor’s work and the impact of his theatre on the creators of the show. „Kantor. Burza” translates Kantor’s heritage into the language of dance. The production reinterprets Kantor's Theatre of Death and draws on his key works, such as ”The Dead Class” or „Wielopole, Wielopole”. In the spectacle, Godowska and Krawczyński use their own choreographic method of working with dreams.
|Premiere 2020-10-15, Krakow|
* cast plus technical support
- Co-producers: Kraków Dance Theatre, Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, National Institute of Music and Dance
- The performance is co-organised by the National Institute of Music and Dance as part of the Choreography Commissions programme
- The project is co-financed by the Ministry of Culture, National Heritage and Sport of the Republic of Poland from the Culture Promotion Fund (a special governmental fund) as part of the „Dance” programme implemented by the National Institute of Music and Dance.
- The production is co-financed by the PZU Foundation
Narodowy Instytut Muzyki i Tańca i Instytut Adama Mickiewicza
nie ponoszą odpowiedzialności za jego treść.