photo Maurycy Stankiewicz, Nowy Teatr
Nowy Teatr was born out of the work of Krzysztof Warlikowski, who radically opened up the art of theatre to important and often controversial issues, as well as to bold formal experiments.
Nowy Teatr seeks to expand the area of dialogue with the audience, not confining itself to theatre performances alone. It aims to be a place for a whole new artistic situation. An area where artists and curators are free to create. A space defined by people full of ideas.
- Paweł Sakowicz Concept, choreography
- Anna Met Set design
- Anka Herbut Dramaturgy
- Jacqueline Sobiszewski Lighting design
- Lubomir Grzelak Music
- Witek Orski Photography
- Karolina Kraczkowska Created with and performed by
- Agnieszka Kryst Created with and performed by
- Ramona Nagabczyńska Created with and performed by
- Iza Szostak Created with and performed by
In 1920, an informal conference of dance teachers in London created a new style: modern ball-room dance. The dances of the enslaved communities of Brazil, Haiti and Cuba were codified and became a form of popular entertainment for the upper middle class. Over time, samba, cha-cha, rumba, paso doble and jive became the Latin American ballroom dances and are still performed at dance competitions today.
|Duration60 "||Crew *12||Artists4|
|Premiere 2019-01-09, Warsaw|
* cast plus technical support
- Producer: Nowy Teatr
- Co-producer: ‘Widening the Field’, a choreography programme of Nowy Teatr and Art Stations Foundation by Grażyna Kulczyk, curator: Joanna Leśnierowska
- Special thanks to the Ujazdowski Castle Centre for Contemporary Art.
The National Institute of Music and Dance and the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
are not responsible for its contents.