photo Klaudyna Schubert
An informal group, consisting of five artists - performers with different backgrounds. We are a team that met for the sake of this particular project, initiated by Magda Niedzielska. We are focused on collective work, according to mutually accepted rules.
- Magda Niedzielska choreographer/performer
- Natalia Dinges choreographer/performer
- Michał Przybyła choreographer/performer
- Piotr Skalski choreographer/performer
- Özgür Ede composer/performer
- Filip Marszałek light director
The show's inspiration goes back to forgotten public exhibitions, the so-called human zoo, in which representatives of indigenous, "primitive" peoples were placed. We refer to the source of these events - dehumanization, which makes us place the Other behind the barricade, both real and symbolic. "Humanimal" through movement and word in an abstract way tells about the otherness of each of us - the performers. It mixes conventions - moves from game to training, from presentation to intimacy.
|Premiere 2020-11-28, Krakow|
* cast plus technical support
- The performance was created as part of Krakow Dance Theatre's residency project "Rollercoaster. Young creators of thrills", realized with the financial support of the Malopolska voivodeship.
- The performance is sponsored by Polygen company.
- Produced with funds from the Creative Scholarship of the City of Krakow.
The National Institute of Music and Dance and the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
are not responsible for its contents.