Krakow Dance Theatre
photo Piotr Jaruga
Krakow Dance Theatre (KDT), founded by Eryk Makohon in 2008, is one of the most active contemporary dance groups in Poland. Today, it is led by the artistic team of Eryk Makohon, Paweł Łyskawa and Magdalena Skowron. The leaders of KDT invite independent dancers to its artistic projects. Dozens of events presenting and popularising contemporary dance have been realized under the name of KDT. The Theatre has developed the basic pillars of its activity: artistic, educational and managerial.
- Ayrin Ersöz Choreographer
- Sergej Maingardt Composer
- Grzegorz Mart Video
- Eryk Makohon Dancer
- Paweł Łyskawa Dancer
- Magdalena Skowron Dancer
- Pamela Bosak Dancer
- Mateusz Ulczok Dancer
Touching on the topic of the refugee crisis, the artists ask: why haven't we learned yet to bring in Others into our world? The problem of Others entering foreign societies resonates throughout history and is invariably current. ‘The Entrance’ explores the question of this timely issue, engaging artists from Poland, Turkey and Germany, and thus showing views on the same subject from three different perspectives – different social, economic, political and cultural contexts.
|Premiere 2019-10-26, Kraków|
|Audienceeveryone (regardless of age)|
* cast plus technical support
- The performance is co-organised by Institute of Music and Dance as part of the Choreographic Commissions 2019 programme.
- The performance is co-financed by the City of Cracow.
- The premiere performances were co-organised by Cricoteka, the Centre for the Documentation of the Art of Tadeusz Kantor.
The National Institute of Music and Dance and the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
are not responsible for its contents.