Olsztyn Dance Theatre
photo Arek Stankiewicz
Olsztyn Dance Theater was created because of the need to develop the dance art environment in Poland’s Warmian-Masurian region. It is based on the artistic activities of Pryzmat Dance Company, which has been functioning as a creative group in the ARToffNIA Art and Dance Foundation since the year 2007. Currently, OTT cooperates with the Centre for Education and Cultural Initiatives in Olsztyn, and its activities are financed by the Local Government of the Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship.
- Katarzyna Grabińska Choreographer
- Paulina Spiel Dancer
- Marta Jakimicha Dancer
- Łukasz Szleszyński Dancer
- Monika Parafiniuk Dancer
- Katarzyna Rutkowska Dancer
- VJ Tonda Kinoko Video
- Maciej Olewniczak „Żuławy”, Państwowy Zespół Ludowy Pieśni i Tańca „Mazowsze” im. Tadeusza Segietyńskiego Music
- Fundacja Tańca i Sztuki ARToffNIA Production
Created as part of the international competition ‘Of Death and Dying’, for which an award was presented to Katarzyna Grabińska with the dance company. The prize was an artistic residence at Tenuta Dello Scompiglio in Vorno, Italy in 2018. The residency program included further choreographic work on the performance ‘OVER GROUND’ (which has been awarded many times at festivals). This served as the starting point for the creation of a new project related to the topic of death and dying.
|Premiere 2018-11-10, Vorno, Italy|
* cast plus technical support
- Winning project in the ‘Of Death and Dying’ competition organised by the Associazione Culturale Dello Scompiglio in Italy
The National Institute of Music and Dance and the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
are not responsible for its contents.