Co Jest Crew
photo Maciej Rukasz, Co Jest Crew
Co Jest Crew is a collective of dancers specialising in street dance. The group was founded in the city of Wrocław, Poland in 2009. The artists take part in freestyle competitions, dance battles and creating short dance forms inspired by theatrical dance. Between 2009 and 2018, Co Jest Crew was the most award-winning street dance group in Poland. It represented the Polish hip-hop dance scene at the finals held in Germany, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Sweden and France. The group also made it to the finals of the prestigious choreography competition Dance Delight in Japan.
STEP BY STEP
- Hamdi Dridi choreographer
- Hamdi Dridi, William Petit Hamdi Dridi, William Petit lighting director
- Hamdi Dridi composer of music
- Aga Konopka performance artist
- Ewa Bielak performance artist
- Jan Jagodziński performance artist
The performance aspires to be a fusion between theatrical dance and street dance, showing the multidimensionality of movement, regardless of style. It plays with the boundaries of street dance and contemporary choreography. The mixture of all these elements creates a combo that has never been seen before in Poland. The performance is suitable for children, although it was created with the adult audience in mind.
|Premiere 2020-12-22, Lublin|
* cast plus technical support
- Co-organised by the National Institute of Music and Dance as part of the PolandDances / Choreographic Residencies project, co-funded by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland
The National Institute of Music and Dance and the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
are not responsible for its contents.