Carrodunum Dance Company
photo Bartosz Rogowski
Carrodunum Dance Company is a contemporary dance group that was founded at the end of 2021 in Krakow. It was created by young, professional dancers as a result of the will to work together creatively and to develop in the field of dance art. Our mission is to create interdisciplinary spectacles on the border of dance theater, performance and physical theater.
- Karol Miękina direction and choreography / creation and performance
- Dominik Olechowski creation and performance
- Damian Rusyn creation and performance / video and visuals
- Sebastian Szul creation and performance
- Wojciech Kiwacz stage and light designer
- Teresa Olechowska costumes
- Katarzyna Jazienicka graphic designer
Oubliette is a performance inspired by the history of the prison system, penalisation, punishment and supervision, but also of a deep distress that is affecting the body. It is a story about the enslavement of both the body and mind and the interpretation of constraint, sacrifices, obligations and supression. It refers to a pointless and futile effort, which is endless and doomed to failure, but at the same time inspiring hope and constant motivation.
|Premiere 2022-10-14, Krakow|
* cast plus technical support
- Project accomplished thanks to finances from „Creative Scholarship of the City of Krakow”
The National Institute of Music and Dance and the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
are not responsible for its contents.