photo Tomasz Baran, BesKitu
A graduate of the the Ludwik Solski State Drama School in Kraków, Joanna Chułek received the Silesian Marshal of the Silesian Voivodeship Golden Mask for Choreography for the performance ‘Heimsuchung’. She is fascinated by Polish folklore, especially the culture of the Żywiec and Podhale regions. She directed and choreographed ‘1725 Metres Above Sea Level’, inspired by the culture of the Żywiec Beskids. In this performance, she combines elements of traditional regional dances with modern dance.
- Bartłomiej Mieszczak Actor
- Joanna Chułek Director, actress
- Katarzyna Pawłowska Actress
- Jakub Kruczek Actor
- Anna Kamińska Actress
- Filip Meyer-Luters Actor
- Zbigniew Michałek Musician – violin, VOŁOSI group
- Krzysztof Lasoń Musician – violin, VOŁOSI group
- Stanisław Lasoń Lasoń Musician – cello, VOŁOSI group
- Jan Kaczmarzyk Musician – viola, gajdy (bagpipe), VOŁOSI group
- Robert Waszut Musician – double bass, VOŁOSI group
- Paweł Murlik Lighting director
- Oscar Mafa Actor
‘1725 m above sea level’ presents a unique image of rich mountain folklore in completely non-stereotypical way. The creators of the show draw from the tradition and the cultural background of Żywiec region. Thanks to this, they are able to deepen the identity of ‘mountain people’, but as we might suppose, they do so in completely different way – through a form of dialogue in the medium of modern dance theatre. The discussion in based on present state of traditions and their future.
|Premiere 2016-10-16, Bytom|
|Audienceeveryone (regardless of age)|
* cast plus technical support
The National Institute of Music and Dance and the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
are not responsible for its contents.