photo Ewa Krasucka, Teatr Wielki - Opera Narodowa
Choreographer, director, teacher, dancer. An award-winning creator of such productions as Exodus, Husband and Wife, Pupa (Polish National Ballet), parts of Fordlandia for L. Lacarra and M. Golding (Ballet Dortmund), The Carnival of the Animals (Wrocław Opera), Bajki Ci opowiem… (Szczecin Opera), In her hair and Moving to… (Den Norske Opera & Ballett). Her works have been shown in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, France, Norway, Poland, Spain and the United States. She has worked for the Polish National Ballet since 2009.
Husband and Wife
- Anna Hop director, choreographer, librettist
- Stanisław Moniuszko composer ("Na kwaterunku")
- Wojciech Kostrzewa composer (interludes)
- Małgorzata Szabłowska set, lighting and video projections designer
- Maciej Zień costume designer
- Piotr Staniszewski conductor
A one-act ballet by Anna Hop based on Aleksander Fredro's comedy of the same title. A humorous soap opera about a love quadrangle told in the language of dance. Elwira and Wacław - a married couple in a crisis, Alfred - an insincere friend of Wacław, and Justysia - a calculating maid. An explosive cocktail with a twist in the finale. “I haven't seen anything so wonderfully light, witty and yet open to tradition in years. Brilliant!" Professor Bogdan Zakrzewski
|Premiere 2019-04-06, Warsaw|
* cast plus technical support
- Music by Stanisław Moniuszko (to the ballet "Na kwaterze") and Wojciech Kostrzewa (interludes) plus fragments from: "Whatever Lola wants" performed by Sarah Vaughan and written by Richard Adler and Jerry Ross; "It's now or never" performed by Elvis Presley and written by Aaron Schroeder and Wally Gold; "How Little We Know" performed by the Nick Perito Orchestra from the album "Muzak: Stimulus Progression 5"; and "In the Still of the Night" performed by The Five Satins and written by Fred Parris
The National Institute of Music and Dance and the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
are not responsible for its contents.