Amareya Theatre & Guests
photo Matti Aikio
photo Iwona Wojdowska
Amareya Theatre is an independent dance/theatre company founded in 2003 in Gdańsk, also working under the name Amareya Theatre & Guests. Since 2017, Amareya Theatre has cooperated with Ainu Women Association and CEMiPoS of Sapporo, Japan, producing new performances and working for empowerment of the Ainu minority.
- Katarzyna Pastuszak Concept, direction and choreography
- Louise Fontain Performer (central figure)
- Daniela Komędera Performer
- Aleksandra Śliwińska Performer
- Monika Wińczyk Performer
- Natalia Chylińska Performer
- Magda Jędra Performer
- Joanna Duda Musical composition and live performance
- Tsugumi Matsudaira Performer
- Katarzyna Pastuszak Performer
- Utae Ehara Performer
‘Nomadic Woman’ is an interdisciplinary performance project which tackles the issues of migration, resettlement and discrimination. The performance is based on the story of Louise Fontaine, an Inuit Greenlandic woman who currently lives in Norway – but as a child, together with thousands of other children, was deported to Denmark. ‘Nomadic Woman’ is also a symbolic space for everyone looking for their lost identity.
|Duration60 "||Crew *10||Artists9|
|Premiere 2020-12-11, Gdańsk|
|Audienceeveryone (regardless of age)|
* cast plus technical support
The National Institute of Music and Dance and the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
are not responsible for its contents.