Agata Życzkowska/ Mirek Woźniak
Axiom of Choice,
photo Karolina Jóźwiak, Fundacja Rozwoju Teatru 'NOWA FALA'
photo Marta Ankiersztejn, Fundacja Rozwoju Teatru 'NOWA FALA'
Agata Życzkowska is an actress, director, dramaturg and performer. Mirek Woźniak is a choreographer, dancer and musical actor. The duo operates on the border of various fields of art, with particular emphasis on the area of new, experimental choreography with elements of authentic movement, improvisation and animal movement with the use of multimedia and interactive methods. The topics they deal with are ecology, freedom, equality and tolerance.
Axiom of Choice
- Agata Życzkowska Concept creator, director, choreographer, dancer, dramaturg, video creator
- Mirek Woźniak Choreographer, dancer, dramaturg
- Wojtek Kaniewski Video creator
The theory of AXIOM OF CHOICE is transformed through the prism of the artists' identity in terms of social and choreography. The selectors they choose are generation, ecology, numbers, pheromones, blood type, being a stranger, or the smell of mandarins from childhood. In a climate crisis, in apocalyptic times, the axiom of choice is an optimistic theory. However, this optimism can only exist in a moment of meeting. Action awakens as a result of associations with scent, which are treated as a unique time capsule.
|Premiere 2019-12-05, Warsaw|
* cast plus technical support
- Production: Theatre Development Foundation NEW WAVE / Coproduction: Dance Art Center in Warsaw / The production was completed thanks to the support of the Capital City of Warsaw / Supported by the Adam Mickiewicz Institute / Premiere: 05.12.2019 / Dance Art Center in Warsaw
The Institute of Music and Dance and the Adam Mickiewicz Institute
are not responsible for its contents.